Affiliate marketing works via tracking pixels. When a user clicks through an affiliate link, a cookie is dropped corresponding to that action. Once the user completes a sale and reaches the confirmation page of the advertiser, a tracking pixel is fired which ensures a sale is registered within the LinkHaitao interface. The publisher can then be awarded the equivalent commission.
There are many different types of publishers, but some of the most common categories include:
1. Cashback publisher - offers end users a portion of commission back when they make a purchase.
2. Loyalty publisher - offers end users a reward for shopping through a referral link, normally a non-monetary reward, but this can vary across publishers.
3. Price comparison publisher - collates a range of products from different advertisers to offer users the ability to filter and compare products across a range of features.
4. Coupon/discount code publisher - primarily offers a variety of coupon discounts and deals from a range of advertisers.
5. Editorial publisher - focuses on content and engaging an audience through articles, blog posts, and reviews.
6. Social media publisher / Influencer - who runs promotions and ads run primarily through social media accounts.
7. Email marketing publisher - promotes offers and ads through email.
Affiliate members only earn income when they join the LinkHaitao platform and do not need to pay any fees.
The advertising effect identification period or Return Day (RD) is a period for advertisers to evaluate the marketing impact of affiliate members.
For example, Customer A visits the website of advertiser C through the advertisement of Affiliate B, and browses Product D on the website of advertiser C, but does not purchase it immediately. After extensive research or repeated consideration, User A decided to purchase Product D after 40 days, but he did not go through Affiliate B's website and instead directly went to Advertiser C's website. If the RD stipulated by Advertiser C is 45 days, the system will consider Customer A’s behavior to be the result of Affiliate B’s advertisement; if the RD stipulated by Advertiser C is 30 days, the system will consider Customer A’s behavior to have nothing to do with Affiliate B.
The longer the RD is, the more likely the potential customers will have effective advertising behavior and vice versa. The advertising effect identification period includes the identification of actions such as purchases, registrations, and clicks.
Advertisers (also referred to as Merchants, Retailers, E-retailers, or Online Retailers) are the merchants that promote and advertise their products and services online. Advertisers are promoted by KOLs and publishers on the LinkHaitao network.
The following are several types of advertisers who join LinkHaitao:
- Companies that want to promote their products and services online for a long term
- Companies seeking to improve brand awareness and reputation
- Websites looking to increase the number of new members or users
- Companies that want to explore innovative marketing channels
- Companies looking to lower marketing costs while maximizing profits
- Merchants who want to highlight any project, service, channel, or product
On the LinkHaitao platform, members can filter and select Advertisers (online retailers & merchants) based on their site’s target market and audience. Publishers can then promote the Advertiser through their content based on the agreed terms. Every LinkHaitao member then receives a commission based on the performance of their promotional campaigns. Final commission settlements will be calculated based on the terms and conditions of your contract.
You only need to register via the signup page.
CPC (Cost per Click): payment based on users’ clicks
CPC payments are calculated based on number of clicks from one IP within 24 hours. Payments are calculated as RMB per 1000 IP.
CPA (Cost per Action): payment based on users’ actions
CPA payments are calculated only after a user registers, downloads, or conducts any other specified action successfully. Payments are calculated as RMB per action.
CPS (Cost per Sale): payment based on sales
CPS payments are calculated only after the user has purchased any specific product. Payments are calculated as RMB per product sold (the corresponding unit payment for a specific product can be negotiated), or payments will be calculated based on the percentage of total sales.